Saturday, April 2, 2011

Simple Laksa

What do you do when you don't have what you need readily available? You improvise! That's what I did tonight for my laksa. In this part of the world, Asian ingredients and spices are not that accessible, so, I used what I have in my fridge and pantry to make this easy one pot meal (yes, I love one pot meals).

What are the ingredients used? Below is the list...I don't have exact measurements to them, sorry..that's how I cook, based on 'agak-ration' (eyeballing).

For soup:
Garlic
Shallots
Dried shrimps
Sambal oelek
Ground Coriander (pinch)
Dried Lemon grass (fresh is not avail here or hard to find)
Santan (coconut milk)
Water

Added Shrimp, fish cake and tau pok to the soup...oh, don't forget the greens - Cilantro! I like adding cilantro to almost everything I make if I have them on hand.

And lastly, cooked some yellow noodles and voila....a nice hot and spicy bowl of Laksa for my enjoyment.

Again..simple...quick....yet so satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment