Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pandan Bread with Nutella

I don't really like to eat loaf bread, to me, the feel is different. I rather eat a bun than a slice of bread. And by making buns, it meant I don't have to slice, which I don't really do good at, always uneven.

Pandan buns with Nutella inside. 
Pandan (screwpine leaves) is commonly used in Malaysia and Singapore, but here, I have to depend on pandan paste. I finally bought a bottle some time ago and have been thinking of things to make with it. Again, it's a challenge since nobody in my household really eat the Asian food that I make. K eats some but not much, hence, I have to make something that I think they will eat or help me finish.

A while ago, I made some pandan buns with nutella inside hoping that my little girl would eat it and to my surprise, she liked it even though they were green in color. We figured out that my girl won't eat anything green as she won't eat vegetables and won't even eat Gold Fish that's green.


This is how it looks in a pie pan. 
Decided to make another batch of pandan buns since I have not made any bread for a couple of weeks now. I have adapted the recipe from Happy Home Baking and made them into tiny tiny loaves, added some nutella/choc chips inside (this is to entice my girl to eat them) and instead of putting them in the normal baking pan, I had them in the pie pan, turned out pretty nice actually.

As for the texture, it's light and soft...love it! I grew up eating soft bread and I prefer them to the heavier bread that we get here in the States.

The pandan taste was pretty subtle but it's good enough. Definitely gave this bread a nice green. 

You can even see the nutella/chocolate oozing out in the pic....yummy yum yum. I think the nutella/ chocolate compliments the pandan pretty well.

And if you are wondering, the middle ones have no chocolate in them, I sprinkled some almonds flakes and sugar on them, they tasted good too.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment