Thursday, April 7, 2011

Almond Crisps

Back in my Singapore days, during the CNY season, my colleague will start selling goodies that her Aunt made and one of my favourites was these Almond Crisps. They were very addictive and you just want to eat and eat. But they were on the pricey side since they were made of Almonds, and lots of them.


It's been years since I had it and I finally found the recipe for it under Aunty Lily's blog, I couldn't be happier. Finally, I found it and I had to make it. I have tried making it a few times, results were inconsistent. The recipe calls for very few ingredients and easy steps....BUT...the big BUT, you need to spread it evenly on a thin layer and you need to know your oven. My oven is hotter and usually takes shorter time than what recipes called for.

After a long break from making this....reason, coz it uses only egg whites and I don't know what to do with all the eggs yolks!! I have decided that it's time for another batch since I bought a whole bag of almonds too.


Ok, everything was easy (check out Aunty Lily's blog for the recipe and many many more wonderful recipes) except the spreading part and the baking part. My oven is hotter and very uneven and my spreading wasn't even too (never seemed to get it right). You can see from the picture how uneven it was BUT they were still crispy and yummy-licious. After taking them out of the oven, let it cool and break them into random pieces. I assure you, one pc of this is never enough, very addictive. 


1 comment:

  1. Just like your dad. so talented and so passionate about cooking. proud of your talent. M going to try the almond cookies as they look so yummy yummy yummy!

    ReplyDelete