Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cream Cheese Loaf

My parents have been here with us for more than a month now and I have been baking and cooking quite a bit but haven't been able to post any of them. 

Today, I would like to introduce you to my fav loaf of bread, the Cream Cheese Loaf. I have made this bread 4 times since my parents got here and love the smell and texture of it. It's soft and the crust isn't too thick since I baked it in the oven instead of the bread machine. 


The Perfect Loaf




Got this recipe from Blessed Homemaker and she uses the bread machine to make the loaf. I used the bread machine to knead it, then, let it rise in the machine (power off) and then, took it out, roll it and let it proof the second time and bake it in the oven. The bread smells so nice and texture is just nice for us, who are used to light and soft textured bread. 

Soft and White
I love to have my slice of bread with some pork/chicken floss. Growing up, before the famous Floss Buns were introduced by Bread Talk, we spread our slice of bread with some butter and top it with pork floss, it's so yummy. And I have been doing it with this loaf of bread in the mornings for breakfast. Even ate it with some sambal ikan bilis, just yummy. In fact, you can eat this loaf with anything that you like and it will be good. 

This loaf can keep for a few days...which is perfect for us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment