Sunday, March 27, 2011

Irish Dinner - Corned Beef and Cabbage

St. Patrick's Day is over and neither of us are Irish but my other half likes corned beef and I have been wanting to try this recipe that I saw on Allrecipes.com. The recipe calls for Guinness Stout and brown sugar to cook the brisket. It seemed easy and based on the reviews by others, I decided to cook it in the slow cooker....nice and slow makes it tender....and the Guinness made it very flavorful. Even for somebody like me that doesn't eat much beef thought it was good. It made a complete meal since there were vegetables and potatoes in it. I love one pot meal.


It took me a while to get rid of the fats on the brisket before putting it in the slow cooker but overall it was easy and the house smelt really nice hen it was cooking away. And we ate it some German mustard. Irish meet German. The end result.....DELICIOUS! Too bad I didn't have the time to make a Soda Bread to go with it, which would have made the meal even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment