Friday, March 25, 2011

The First and The Simplest

I never thought I would start a blog as I don't think I will have time to do it being that I have 2 little kids and working full time. But I have been doing a lot baking and cooking as I am missing the food that I grew up with, and I think that blogging would be a good way to keep track of what I have done and accomplished.
I moved to Long Island almost 5 years ago from Singapore and I never thought I would miss the food from SG and Msia so much. And I never thought I would be actually be making a lot of thing myself just to have a taste of home.
Just a few days ago, it was late, kids were in bed and I wanted something to snack on and I thought to myself, what better than making some Muah Chee (Glutinous rice balls coated with crushed peanuts) since it's quick and easy? So, I gathered the few ingredients required and in about 15 mins, I have a nice little snack. They sure hit a spot but I wished I had ground the peanuts instead of chopping.
I had this posted on my FB page and it tweaked the interest of some of my old friends, even when they are in Msia and SG where this is readily available. Amazing how something as simple and humble as Muah Chee gets such attention.
Lastly, there's really no exact measurement to the recipe...all you need is some glutinous rice flour, water, pinch of salt, oil, peanuts and sugar. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment