Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pizza

Friday night...what's for dinner? What's quick and easy and something that my family would like to eat? PIZZA! I think here in LI, people seem to go for pizza on Fridays, not sure if that's the case but based on my observation, it sure seemed like it.

Half Meatballs, Half Regular
Bro and I were out at the Outlets for a few hours and by the time we got home, it was quite late to make the pizza dough and wait for it to proof. I remember seeing this recipe for a dough on Allrecipes.com that didn't require any proofing, so, since I am short of time, I decided to try it out. 

Basically, it's flour, salt, sugar, yeast, oil and water. I have decided to make it a little healthier and substituted half the flour with whole wheat flour, added some dried basil, dried oregano, parmesan cheese, garlic powder to the dough to make it more flavorful. 

After I am done with the dough, I brushed it with some olive oil, top with some spaghetti sauce (that's what I have in the house), put some meat balls and top it with some Mexican blend of cheeses (made do with what I have) and put it in the oven. EASY!

The pizza turned out good, according to the testers. :) 

Dinner accomplished!



No comments:

Post a Comment