Sunday, April 3, 2011

Korean Hot and Spicy Rice Cake

Ever since I have been to Korea, I have wanted to eat this again but never had the opportunity to go back to Korea again and have no idea how to make it till I saw this video by Maangchi. I realized that making it is really not difficult. In fact, it's quick and easy (which is what I like), and it takes only a few ingredients (like this even more).

Korean Hot Pepper paste and Rice Cake
Again, I improvised since I don't have the Korean rice cake and green onions nor their anchovies. I used ikan bilis, fried them before putting them in the water to boil. Then, added the Korean hot pepper paste (got this from the HK market just so I can make this dish), sugar, a little salt, cilantro and fried shallots to add more taste to the  hot pepper sauce. I used Chinese rice cake for hot pot instead of Korean rice cake and after the dish is done, sprinkled some roasted sesame seeds on it.


End product. 
Don't you think they look like chee cheong fun? Hmmm..thinking of that right now, might be time for me to make some chee cheong fun too. Anyway, these rice cakes were fantastic.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good!! and very simple steps!! =)will try it soon cause I have the Korean paste as well!!

    ReplyDelete